Antique powerland swap meet 2012 dodge

Antique Powerland

antique powerland swap meet 2012 dodge

On the!st of June is the Rickreall Auto Swap meet . Antique Powerland, Brooklake Rd NE. 21 Motorcycle Museum, Antique Powerland. 28 Salem OR ; Mopar Show & Shine, Roberson Chrysler . gust 18th, Steam-Up Swap Meet Rules and Regulations. Show Dates: July 30 and July 31, Set-Up. Thursday-Friday, July , AND July 6 and August 7. Plymouth, Dodge, Fargo, DeSoto, Chrysler, Imperial, Maxwell, Chalmers, The WPC Northwest Regional Meet hosted by the Pacific Wonderland Region, and our The Great Oregon Steam-Up is the largest event at Antique Powerland during the year and In addition, there was a large swap meet on the grounds.

Her other very close friend was Dorothy whom she met in her earlier years in Salem. They were so close. One time, probably aroundDorothy had to get Corki her birthday present. Since her Birthday was the 21st day in December, it happened to be snowing that day, but Dorothy drove through the snow to deliver it.

What a joy that was. Corki took care of her mother for many years moving in with her eventually. She showed much love and concern for her. Although this was a lot of work for Corki, she did it on her own, asking for little help. She loved her mother.

Corki had a love for her church, Redeemer Lutheran Church. She joined in many of the activities and I remember when she told me she was sharpening the pencils for the Sunday service. Every week she would buy special pencils with sayings and pictures on them for the church service on Sunday.

antique powerland swap meet 2012 dodge

She would make sure they were sharpened. At that time she was living on Fisher Road. When she came back she was determined to sell her house. So a search for homes landed her on Sunflower Way. She had such wonderful neighbors. She painted her house green, and the church built her a sidewalk on the side of her house. I will always remember her sitting on her bench in front of her home. The respite program there is a blessing.

It was for people with memory difficulties. For 5 hours they would have social activities with others, lunch, snacks, singing, doing crafts and exercise.

Thank you Among Friends. In the last 2 years Corki had been living at a care facility Harmony House. Her last costume at Halloween was as a Princess. The love that they show to the residents is amazing.

They knew her favorite color was Pink so they dressed her in pink and any craft activity they did would include Pink. Bless you Harmony House. Vicki — daughter oh, mommi was soooo special.

That did send me in a direction as I had horses for 40 years. I have a picture in my mind of her sitting tall in the audience during a show with a very large smile on her face. Such a precious mommi who showed her love for me. I miss her so. I love you mommi. Jamie granddaughter - I am very blessed to have had such a caring and thoughtful grandma in Corki.

We had many great times together, and I fondly remember time during my childhood in the kitchen of the house at Fisher Road.

Gram taught me how to slow cook beans with a ham hock, and we enjoyed sharing fresh farmers cheese right off the cutting block - and to this day one of my favorite ways to relax is by spending time in the kitchen. She was always ready to support me, and has been a stable presence in my life. Gram was very much loved and respected by her family and close friends, and will be dearly missed. Being the perfectionist that I am, this was the highest praise! But in all seriousness, I believe what she taught me is that you only see the best in the people you love.

She was always so happy to just be with her family and spending time together. I can only hope to one day be the kind and generous woman that she was every day. When growing up, she would get us grandkids baskets every Easter. Jamie would usually get a basket that had a bunny theme, Kali would get a sheep or something like that, and I would get the duck or whatever other animal was available.

She was that bright light at family gatherings, always with a sunny smile and a warm, welcoming hug. In her later years, while she might not have always remembered me, whenever she saw my face she would smile big and open her arms for a hug. There was never a doubt that I knew I was loved. A Christmas tradition was for Grandma to buy us a Hallmark Christmas ornament annually. I am still going on my puppy love hallmark series and the 12 days of Christmas ornaments. I look forward to decorating the tree this year, and in years to come, knowing that when I put those ornaments up, I will always think of her and know that she will continue to be with us in spirit.

Jeri daughter-in-law - Some may wonder why after knowing and loving my mother-in-law Corki for 45 years I never called her Mom. She was the grandma who spoiled my girls, bought them frilly dresses, gave me family recipes for things like Texas Hash or Gunky Gunk, mailed cards to us for every holiday, and would read aloud the cards we gave her — crying over the sentimental ones!

She just wanted to have fun, so we went on field trips. We went to Riverfront Park, checked out the sternwheeler and art and walked across the pedestrian bridge and watched the river flow… with the grand finale always of riding on the Riverfront Carousel!

We went to the pumpkin patch, and I took her picture in the funny cutouts or with the goats in the petting zoo, and we search to find the perfect strange shaped gourd to take home. Many of these pictures will be on a slideshow after her service at Redeemer Lutheran. Love you forever Corki. Her grandchildren Jamie and her husband David, Kali, and Sami. She is also survived by her special Brother and Sister-in-law Billi and Karen.

She was loved, respected and admired by her entire family and will be greatly missed by all. Funeral services will be Friday December 7, at In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to Redeemer Lutheran Church, or the charity of your choice. He graduated from Soperton High School and after graduation worked on the family tobacco farm.

He was a Korean War veteran and served from to While stationed in Fort Sill, Oklahoma he met his future wife, Evelyn, and they were married on October 25, After discharge from the Army, Walt returned to Georgia and worked for E.

DuPont in Aiken, South Carolina approximately 16 years as an electrical and instrument mechanic. While living in Augusta, his two children were born. After retirement he volunteered with several groups including the Northwest Baptist Convention with construction of their new building in Vancouver and with the new sanctuary and remodeling at Capital Baptist Church; disaster relief team during the flood of ; and as a docent at The Gordon House Oregon Garden Resort in Silverton, Oregon.

During retirement he and Evelyn traveled across the United States including trips to Hawaii to visit missionary friends and cruises to the Caribbean, Mexico, and Alaska.

Walt was ordained as a deacon at Fleming Baptist Church in Augusta, Georgia in and served in that capacity after moving to Oregon. Walt recently received commendation for having served 50 years in this role. After moving to Oregon, he became a member of Capital Baptist Church in Salem and served in whatever capacity the Lord led him to serve. Hobbies included water skiing, fishing, and golf. Many weekends were spent at Clarks Hill Lake in Georgia skiing and fishing.

He liked living in the country so he could have a garden and plenty of fresh vegetables in the summer time, which the deer promptly ate. Walt had a sense of humor and was often heard telling a joke to someone. Visitation will be on Tuesday, November 20, from 1: A private interment is planned Wednesday, November 21,at The memorial service will convene at noon at Capital Baptist Church with a reception to follow. His parents were John and Bertha Gartner. He had 1 sister and 3 brothers.

Floyd would sometimes talk about their road trip and how he had to sit on a milk can filled with water for their trip. They settled in Salem where he attended school. He was involved in radio operations as a Radarman, serving during both the Korean conflict and the Vietnam War. In retirement, he met and married Florence Tough in June He enjoyed fishing, RV camping, playing cards, reading, photography and most of all bowling, sometimes being on several leagues at the same time.

Floyd was preceded in death by his parents, 1 sister and 2 brothers. Thank you to the staff and volunteers of the Edward C Allworth Oregon Veterans Home, and especially the Delta staff for the dignified and loving care you gave him while there and for the Walk Of Honor when he departed. Funeral services are pending at this time. Edward moved to Salem, Oregon as a young child where he lived most of his life. Edward enjoyed Fishing, Hunting, and Rock collecting. Edward is survived by his Son: Rosemary Brown Kora; Brothers: Frank Brown Jr and Joe Brown.

A Memorial Service will be at His voice would often carry throughout the store in one of the many positions he would staff. Tristen and Jessica were his world.

antique powerland swap meet 2012 dodge

Every day Chris and Tristen would hang out together in their Man Cave. Chris would take Jessica to preschool daily and early so they could get a book and read it together before school started. Chris loved surprising his mother on special occasions or a day of the week with flowers and treats. Chris would always jump to the chance to help even though and we knew it the pain in his feet was devastating.

Each game he took to heart and would gladly root against all the other teams in his division… and it sure is working this year To say Chris will be missed would be a travesty of the English language. Chris will always be in our hearts, he is in a better place and now free from pain.

Chris will always be looking over his family and friends with the same love and devotion he showed throughout his life on earth. Rest In Peace Christopher, there is no measurement for a fathers love of his sons. He spent most of his childhood in Minnesota, working after school in the paint store his father owned. While there, they had two children, Lin and Mark.

Inhe hired on at JC Penneys, managing the paint and hardware department, and later added sporting goods to his management responsibilities. Another daughter, Lauri, was added to the family. After 7 years at Penneys, Gary decided to venture out on his own as a painting contractor. An uncle helped him get set up with equipment and Gary decided he would rely on word of mouth for advertising.

antique powerland swap meet 2012 dodge

He built up a successful business, in which his son worked with him for many years, learning the trade. He also sang frequently at church and led congregational singing. For a few years, he exercised his leadership abilities by serving as the moderator of the Conservative Baptist Association of Oregon board.

Gary loved the out-of-doors, and passed on this love to his family, taking them camping, hunting and fishing. He especially enjoyed hunting for elk, and was a member of the Oregon Hunters Association. His family wonders if he is telling the same stories in heaven. Gary entered his eternal home on October 30, after a prolonged struggle with heart issues and diabetes.

He was preceded in death by his parents and his brother Maury, leaving behind his wife of 57 years, Janice, his children Lin DougMark Cheryland Lauri, and 16 grandchildren. Siblings left behind include Zelda Curt and Rhonda. A memorial service will be held Monday, November 12, at 3: Interment service provided by City View Funeral Home.

He was the son of Reginald S. Farnsworth of East Liverpool, both deceased. He returned to East Liverpool after an honorable discharge in and there met his wife, Patricia L. Taylor and were married October 3, in a little country church in Negley, Ohio. Most of his projects were schools which he really cared about, because he felt everyone deserved a great education. He felt motivated and inspired to leave something behind that would provide a lasting value for future generations. All of his projects were very successful because of his dedication and attention to details from start to finish.

To name just a few projects: Reg was passionate about life in Oregon and loved the great outdoors.

Obituaries - - City View Funeral Home & Cemetery

Some of his favorite things to do were camping, hiking, sightseeing, fishing, and picnics with his family. He enjoyed equally the coast and the Cascades and made it a frequent experience to share with his family.

As his children grew, married and left home he focused his passion in photography where he traveled throughout Oregon capturing its natural beauty. Survived by his wonderful wife, Patricia L. At his request disposition is by cremation and no service will be held. A private gathering of the family will celebrate his life in one of his favorite places.

We are forever thankful, grateful and blessed to be loved by him. He will be greatly missed. He is survived by Darlene, his wife of sixty years, their five children; Melisa Jody Broyles, Steven, Keith LieseDavid Lindaand Darryl, and by thirteen grandchildren and eleven great-grandchildren.

On May 9,Al married Darlene Page, and their great love for each other has only grown stronger in the years since. This summer they joined their children on Mount Hood for a celebration of their 60th anniversary.

After preaching in Longview, Washington, Hillsboro, Oregon, and Everett, Washington, Al came to Salem in and spent fifty years serving the Market Street Church of Christ as an evangelist and in recent years as an elder. His greatest commitment was to helping others serve the Lord, and his greatest personal ambition was a home one day in heaven. A visitation and viewing will be held on Friday, November 2, from 5: He died recently at Salem Hospital after a brief illness. Dave was born in in Stamford CT, the fourth child of Dr.

McGourty worked as a psychologist at state institutions in California and Oregon. He had a lifelong commitment to advocating for vulnerable people and he continued that commitment after his retirement. Dave was an avid fisherman and participated in activities focused on river quality and decreasing fish population on our local rivers.

Dave will be remembered as a compassionate, kind and generous person. At his request, there will be no Celebration of Life. Dave had special affection for the preschool established in his childhood home and chose it for donations in his name. Kleen-Berends born July 19th, in Dallas, Ore. Alice is preceded in death by her husbands, Glenn W. Kleen and Robert Berends. She is survived by her sons, Brian and Jon Kleen of Salem, Oregon, and their wives, 10 grandchildren and 8 great-grandchildren. She will be laid to rest next to her husband, Glenn at City View Cemetery in a private ceremony, at a later date.

He was born on April 6, in Eugene, OR. Robert served his country by enlisting in the US Army. Robert was diagnosed with cancer in and fought a hard battle. He continued to live his life with truth, love, and much respect for friends and family. He is now in Heaven with the angels. Robert is survived by his wife Deborah, four children; sons Glen and Robert Suchanek; daughters Katrina Smith and Tricia Suchanek, one grandchild, two great-grandchildren, and his loving dog Angel.

He will be missed by many, and lives with us in our hearts. Arrangements by City View Funeral Home. He is preceded in death by his wife Judith and son, Joseph. He served as a young man in the U. A funeral service is scheduled for Saturday October 20, at 1: Rueben was a hardworking man. He enjoyed old Western Movies, and Books. His family and friends will always remember him as a welder and a builder.

He was always busy making and creating things. A funeral service is scheduled for Tuesday October 16, at Jeffrey Nading will officiate. Corrine or Connie as she is more familiarly known was born and raised in Cedar Rapids, Iowa on March 19, After graduation, she attended vocational school in Omaha, Nebraska. Upon completion of vocational school, Connie accepted a job as an overseas teletype operator with the Office of War Information in Washington D.

She typed and processed wartime message traffic, coded messages, and wartime propaganda to countries overseas during her World War II service.

After the war, she moved to Medford where she met and married Dee Parker. They moved and settled in Salem, Oregon. They were divorced in She was an avid reader. Connie had written, 'As a child, I loved poetry and still have the books I read. Connie loved her job of 20 years with the Dr. Chiropractic Practice and enjoyed working with the people and patients. Family was the most important thing in her life. So, now I put my family in the hands of the Lord and pray they will keep Him in their lives.

She was a lady. She will be greatly missed by family, friends, and all who knew her. A private memorial service will be held.

He joined his siblings, Ervine, Alice and Lawrence. The family moved to the Salem area when Harold was just two years old. He joined the army in and was stationed in Korea where he served in the demilitarized zone after the cease fire.

After discharge from the Army, he returned to Salem where he worked for the cannery. He retired on March 31, after 32 years, ending his career as Chief Cartographer. Inhis niece introduced him to his future wife, and he married Patricia Buck April 6, They welcomed a daughter in Apriland a son in February As a family, they enjoyed many camping trips to the beach and the mountains, Disneyland and Seattle. He was quite the handyman. If there was a project he wanted to do, he simply bought a book, read it and did it!

He did many home repairs and remodeling projects, building a fence and using his two weeks of vacation to replace the roof on the family home twice.

He made furniture for both his children and grandchildren, ranging from chairs, tables or stools for toddlers, to full size dressers and bookshelves. Ervine participated in the Battle of the Bulge, and Lawrence was killed in action in a plane crash in England in This created a love for World War II military history, specifically the airplanes. His favorite was the B, which his brother, Lawrence, flew on and was a turret ball gunner during his service in the Army. Harold is survived by his wife of 55 years, Pat; daughter Julie John ; son Scott Brandi ; four grandchildren — grandsons Josh and Tyler and granddaughters Jordan and Miranda; and many nieces and nephews.

He was preceded in death by his parents, brothers, sister, five nephews and a niece. A Celebration of Life will be held on Sunday, October 21, at 2: She was born in Bismarck ND and graduated from Bismarck high school. As a teenager she was quite the equestrian and competed in several horse shows. As a young woman she was a model, and for most of her adult life she was an executive secretary.

Her faith in the Lord was strong and was a faithful church attender. When she was not feeling well she watched what she called her TV ministers and read from the bible daily. At Christmas time she was known for making wonderful assortments of cookies and candies Doris always thought of others before herself and had many friends and was able to talk to anyone as if she had known them forever.

She is survived by her 3 children, 5 grandchildren and 10 great grandchildren. Services will be on Thursday October 18th at Interment is in Mt. Arrangements are by City View Funeral Home. She passed away at her home on Sep.

Cascade Pacific Plymouth Club

Patricia was preceded in death by her father, George Barkdoll, her mother, Virginia and her sister Georgia. They married June Pat was an active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints throughout her adult life, where she served in several leadership positions. She was will known for her default smile and positive attitude toward others.

She accompanied her husband through his urban planning career in San Diego and Chico, CA and Beaverton, where she lived for 35 years, during which time she worked at Good Samaritan Hospital for many years. Derek Hewitt of Prescott, AZ and four grandchildren. Services will be held Friday, Oct. Beloved by her sixteen grandchildren, thirteen great grandchildren, and many nieces and nephews. Carol loved her roses, different ones! Her yard and garden, were her true passion; as it was a full time job keeping up with it.

There will be a celebration of life held in the spring. At the request of Doris, no services will be held. Doris was born May 1, in Chicago, to Bertha and Vincent Zoelch, originally from Austria and Germanyraised in Chicago with 7 siblings before moving to Portland Oregon with the family. Doris is survived by her daughter, Carole Pierson spouse Woody Pierson and son, Delmar Needham spouse Andrea Needham along with sister, Esther Reeves and brother, Robert Zoelch, six grandchildren and three great grandchildren.

Family and friends flocked to the farm to enjoy her company and many activities such as hiking along the forested creek, riding horses and fishing in the farm ponds. Her warm, caring and kind personality became the family magnet drawing everyone toward her. If you met Doris, you loved Doris!

Loving all outdoor activities and gardening, her 44 acre farm was a perfect match for her lifestyle. The story of their adventure is at this link. Mike Bade and Jim Wheat left their cars at home and flew to Michigan for the show.

By following this link or clicking on the picture below, readers may view a gallery of Mike Bade's photos. The Host region for the meet was the Detroit Region, who started organizing the meet four ago to prepare for the late July meet, this included the current POC President Russ Nardi, who had a hand in the preparations of the meet.

Of course they all asked about our own, Bill Call, who had made quit the impression on everyone on both tours. Four members of the Cascade Region traveled to the meet. We also walked around the park like setting and looked at the beautiful rhododendrons, fir trees and other native plants as well as many pieces of religious art. After our tour of the Grotto, we went to the Olive Garden near Mall for lunch.

It was a perfect day for the tour. Follow this link or click on the picture to see more photos of the trip. On our way to the meet we toured the Great Lakes around Wisconsin and Michigan, toured the Northern Peninsula of Michigan, and we rode the magnificent old ferry, the SS Badger on a four hour ferry ride across Lake Michigan.

On the way home, we took the modern and much faster Lake Express ferry across Lake Michigan. We also detoured to Reno, Nevada on our return trip to visit some old family friends. Total round trip was 6, miles; 15 states; 24 days. We saw a lot of magnificent country and met many truly wonderful people.

On two different occasions we decided to drive all night in order to avoid degree weather in Utah, Nevada and California. In these instances, we would wait for the sun to go down before proceeding on our trip.

Please turn JavaScript on and reload the page.

On the all night run between Reno and Roseburg, we took a roundabout route to avoid the heavy smoke from forest fires. We experienced a number of rain storms on our trip, the fiercest of which was in Michigan. Then there was that sand storm in northern Nevada. In addition to the sand, tumbleweeds were flying across the road, several of which hit our car.

The biggest challenge to our Plymouth was the many long and steep mountain grades. Quite a number of these grades required miles of driving in second gear at 30 miles per hour. Plymouth built great cars. There is more to tell, but I told Robin that I could be succinct. It was a great adventure. July 14, — Philomath Frolic D. The business coupe is familar to CPPC members; the sedan, a fairly recent garage find, will be less so.

In each case, the cars were able to rejoin and finish what was a fairly long parade, and the Freemans took home a blue ribbon for their entry. Old cars line the streets. There's a parade, and a street fair. Registration for the car show includes a full meal choice of beef or chickenand live music plays all day. Gary Rusher came home with an award for his Plymouth U business coupe.

Plymouth, the bread-and-butter make of Chrysler Corporation sincehas been an orphan make sinceso the reward was appropriate. We were glad to see Gary Rusher's Plymouth U Coupe on the field — the first time it has been out of the garage in a couple of years. This Orphan Meet was the last, at least in current form. See pictures by Ed Salia and Gary Rusher at this link. Dave and Linda Surmon met us at the museum.

The story of Aurora is unusual in two ways. First, instead of isolated settlers, the Aurora group deliberately brought an entire town, from blacksmith to brass band, and they had an immediate economic impact on the territory. Second, the town operated as a commune for the first 25 years of its existence. Curator Patrick Harris treated the group to a tour of the 5-building museum complex in Aurora. Around lunchtime, the group drove to the Stauffer-Will Farm, south of Aurora, where Cheryl Burks, an Aurora Colony Historical Society volunteer, had the woodstove going and biscuits in the oven.

Special treatment, because Cheryl is a friend of Donna Bade's, and perhaps because Robin is one of "those" Wills. The day was special because it was the 40th anniversary of the date when Elaine Huber bought her Plymouth Satellite. Jim Wheat took lots of pictures, and they're at this link. We were happy to meet new members Clark and Diane Taylor from Washougal.

Bob Maker drove his Viper powered Studebaker Sedan Delivery and joined our small but enthusiastic group. Don Smith joined us at Monitor driving his beautiful Dodge Sedan. The tulip fields were absolutely stunning even with the blowing wind and muddy rows.

Boots were a very popular wardrobe accessory. We did some shopping no wind in the crowded gift shop! We actually had no rain, and the wind did not deter us from gazing at the incredibly beautiful fields of rainbow like colors of tulips.

Our three cars brought lots of attention — and the possibility of three new members. Gary Rusher, the tour host, couldn't remember when it started but it was a long time event when he took over as chief in They are still at it loud and strong.

This lady has a large 40X96 car barn with a nice collection of about 10 cars, but a lot of other wonderful stuff as well, including an entire replica Coke-a-Cola soda shop. The car collection tended toward Fords modified to go fast, but the hostess' mom's T-Bird was there, looking glorious, and also a prize-winning LaSalle convertible.

The hosts requested that, due to privacy concerns, no pictures of their collection appear on the Internet, and we're not identifying them by name, either.

All we took away was memories. The picture was taken in the parking lot of the fire station at Brooks, after the CPPC gang had done serious damage to an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast. We had 15 members and a few friends of Tom Shepherd attend the early morning visit. Frank was a successful businessman, who owned an auto parts business and property in Southeast Portland. He and his brother had an interest in Pre-War toys, padlocks and banks, just to mention a few of the thousands of treasures that are on display at there museum.

Frank tells the story that he and his brother would go, most weekends to toy conventions and bring home suitcases of toys and then go the next weekend, during the conventions season, year after year.

Click here or on the picture to see the gallery of Mike Bade's photos. The toy museum is full of some of the most amazing cast iron early pre-war toys, one might ever see, not just one or two, but groups of the same type of toy.

It is hard to know where to start looking, at the start, just when you have though you saw everything, there is more to see, which is only part of Frank and his brothers collection. Frank has enlisted the help of his family to keep the museum open. A recent family tragedy in lateleft the museum in limbo, not able to be open regularly.

Efforts of find other family members to help keep the museum open are forthcoming. Frank has enlisted his grand children to help with cataloguing, unseen inventory and hopefully, you may be able to enjoy even more in the future. For sure we will have to have another visit to Kidds in the future, or you should try to go on your own, take the grandchildren.

The museum is registered as non profit, future generations will be able to enjoy Frank and his brothers treasures. February 24, — Stan Adams collection of cars and petroliana By Mike Bade The second stop on the February 25 tour the Stan and Sheryl Adams car Museum, as he calls it, a mile drive from our first stop. Stan Adams and his wife Sheryl are native Portland residents.

Stan and his wife had a successful tire business on the East side of downtown Portland. After selling their business they have enjoyed being able to collect a variety of collector and high performance vehicles and automobillia.

They have carefully selected cars that are of interest to them and now have approx. They also have an amazing collection of restored gas pumps, gas signs, peddle cars, vintage bicycles; filling their museum from floor to ceiling, carefully displayed for maximum effect. There are not any collections that would rival Stand Sheryl's in the Portland area, that I know of.

Of course there is are many back stories, as to how each item was acquired, which Stan shared with the group, too much delight.

Blacksmith Shop at Antique Powerland